Saturday, November 7, 2009

You and Me.

There is something I must disclose to you.
I've been dying everyday since I met you.
This isn't exactly depressing news.
I'm dying because I'm growing something new.
The sun couldn't warm me, and I don't have much stealth.
The rain it fell, but didn't help my health.
My money is gone, and I've sold everything I own.
How this could be possible... I don't even know.
But it's all gone, but it's you I've found.
So, I'm running towards the wall that I built myself.
Climbing over the struggles I made with my wealth.
This is all I have to offer; my matted hair and glassy eyes,
My raspy voice, and jaded lies.
My teeth remain white because I still brush at night.
The ritual must be something, because it lets me do something right.
Don't waste your money on the headstone,
The flowers,
And the service that won't last.
Buy me a pair of slacks and a martini glass.
Drive me up town to the
Big art affair
There is a portrait I must show.
I painted a picture of my new self
It has a soul and a contagious laugh.
Don't worry I'll pay you back for the gas,
I'm doing it all, this is so you'll forget
The past.
I'm coming back, honey.
It'll be a blast.
I've died, but that's just because
The old me would never last.



No comments:

Post a Comment