Thursday, October 29, 2009

Insanity/ Bask

Insanity
A cold empty ocean seems to be swelling in my throat.
A tight knot tying up the words I spoke.
We keep on digging down deep.
The diamonds we find are worthless, the soil we keep.
Why won't my lovely ring stay in-tacked?
The brown streaks line my back.
Crumbled, and wrumpled up on the floor.
Digging my nails down deep and feeling no more.
Why won't my precious mud shine real bright?
It continues to spoil my evening and bury me in the night.
This rotting of my existence leads me to question myself,
"Is it insanity when I continually choose the same thing, and expect
something else?"

Bask
Do you feel the demanding duration of this tenor?
A tree's roots are tangled around the sun.
I might leave for awhile, just a little bit of time.
I might go where I haven't before, so I can fully embellish
This rhyme. Deep basic mumblings of thought...
How I knew it was coming, how I knew it would, how it couldn't be anything different, than what it should.
No longer will these notes of pleasantry wrap around my mind.
I have so much to say, so little time.
Maybe with our old coffee, and chipped tea cups.
We can sip the bitterness till the sun goes down.
Dance in the imaginary flowers, with concrete all around.
Hopefully, in this moon shine we'll shine.
The cold sunshine, won't it last?
In it we will forever bask.

No comments:

Post a Comment