Monday, October 26, 2009

Where the Wild Things are.

It is seemingly overwhelming the amount of pressure that is projected from the social contracts of our society. College, money, social status, clothes, upbringing, mannerisms, and race.
Race, is the one that shocked me. I haven't been brought up to be a racist person. Now, I'm pretty judgmental when it comes to people acting like complete idiots. When someone says, 'I don't want no cool whip" at the drive-thru as much as I try not to I think, "Ignorant? yes."
But I have seen every race under the sun while working at Starbucks and I know for a fact that isn't stamped to one particular ethnicity. I always tell myself that often people speak that way because they're bilingual. But if English is the only language you've ever known? Come on people!
That is besides the point. The point is, Racism.
I'm a mix, an european island mutt, and to my surprise I've experienced racism. I've seen people joke about it as if it's this casual conversation starter.

I despise racist jokes.

As of lately, (speaking of language and words) I've come to see people throwing around the c*** word.
I want anyone and everyone who reads my blog to know that is a distasteful, demeaning, and cheap word.
You seriously can't scrape up another word from your shallow pool of vocabulary?
*rant done*

I was thinking about my utopia the other day. The small community I'd like to create for myself, and potential future family. It would be placed in a thick luscious forest like in the state of Virginia, but dry like in Colorado. There would be mountains, and an ocean. The form of currency would be works. "You know how to blacksmith? Oh, well I can fix plumbing! Trade?" Everyone would have their own garden and basic cattle. Televisions and all form of entertainment electronics would be emitted. Children would run free, free to explore. Almost a taste of the Huck Finn lifestyle! Make up, fashion, and other materialistic obsessions, gone.
We would all embrace the arts. Reading, writing, painting, drawing, sculpting, et cetera would be embraced whole heartedly. None of this you're not acceptable by denying progress and intelligence.
Sun kissed faces, and natural hair.
Oh what pure bliss!
Yet, how on earth does one start something like this without money these days?
It isn't like in the beginnings of America when people could just claim land.
"Oh, yeah, you see these 100,000 square miles? Mine."

Simple things. Our country needs simple things.

On another note, I'm extremely excited about what my writing has in store for me. I've been discussing with a co-worker at work workshops and publishing. It has gotten me extremely excited for the future. There isn't a whole lot more that I love more than my poetry and writings.
My exaggerated qualities tend to make me say I 'love' a lot of things. More like, like.
But I do LOVE my poetry.
It's the only way I can make my feelings become organized and just really take in what is going on around me.
I don't know.
I don't even care if it only gets read by less that 20 people. I'll write it in secret, I don't care! :D
I actually have a ton of poetry that is stored away in the abyss of my said closet.
I have high hopes for my poetry though.
I want it to touch people (emotionally), like it has touched me.
And, who doesn't really want to share the things they love?


I'm going to go on an adventure and find a distant land, and become their queen.

Poetry coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment