Monday, November 9, 2009

Successful art.

My one true love is poetry. Being able to create art with words is a skill I both admire and try to perfect. For a while I was caught up in making my work known, famous even. But that foolish notion has passed. I don't care if the New York Times deems my art worthy of its black print. I've been writing poetry since the second grade for one sole reason, because I love it. Throughout the years my art was very basic. Simples lines talking about whispering snow, and sweet dreams. Progressing towards what it is now... it's my protection in a way. A gift you could almost call it that God has given to me so I can deal with the ways of the world. So, I post my work for pure enjoyment. People have acted as if I'm gloating or showing off. Why is it okay for you to post a picture of you cheerleading or playing basketball or drinking at a party and I can't post my work?

Facebook isn't my social outlet, or a way for me to broadcast my private emotions. It is an easy way to share my work, and if you don't like it delete me. There are plenty more people out there that will use 'facebook' and 'blogging' as a cheap gossip mechanism that you can creep on.

With that said...

Keeping my eyes locked on your gaze.
My soul turns back at midnight.
Taking a flight straight to the sun.
Sol of my whole existence.
Humanity killing the society.
Civilization resorting to the instinct.
Advancing yet wishing for a beastly character.
Will the laws and decrees make it all better?
I'd die for you, is that the worse thing I could do?
Selling my soul to the moneymaker.
Stealing words, and chances.
Can't you see this is why?
I must take flight, before it all disappears at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment