Sunday, November 8, 2009

The rare inspiration.


Sally Mann.




I am in love with Sally Mann's photography. Literally, in love. I spent about an hour today in Barnes and Noble starring at her book "Deep South." Her pictures are not only intricate and sharp, but whimsical and mysterious. It makes me wish I had the time to trek around the United States and stop whenever I please and takes pictures. There peaceful and depressing images.
I want to write a poem about every single one of her pictures. Maybe I will and I'll send it to her as a gift. That'd be pretty neat. :)

::Edit::
Last night I had a dream, I was walking through a valley and the rivers and trees started curling, growing darker, and growing taller. The images all began to get sharper and more clear. Whilst this was happening I was frantically searching for my camera to I could capture the amazing event. But I couldn't find it. The river started glowing gold, but not in a cheap artificial way. More like the sun is hiding in the river kind of way. My skin grew warm, and I started to cry because I couldn't get my camera to work, and this was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

My interpretation of this is I know exactly what I want and what is beautiful, but for some reason I can't catch it. I really need to know how.

I need an escape.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures in this post, especially (for some reason) that last one there...

    ReplyDelete