Monday, November 30, 2009

Charming, aren't we? My dear hypocrite.

Sun dried Barcelona, how quickly
You host my defeat.
I'm a weary love seeker.
My desires passionate and weak.
Whiskey stained are my lips
As I stumble throughout the streets
I am a man of the Lord.
Listen, please listen to me.
Just hold on a moment...
I need a swig of my drink.
My lyre is tuned to the right notes.
Might I seduce you with a ballad
That I half-heartedly wrote.
"It's a lovely fall day
As I'm standing here.
I love you, oh how I love you.
Stay with me my dear.
My sweet rose
I'll shower you with the sun.
My words they weave wonders
They fabricate my love.
Men dare not approach me
With my cast iron tongue.
Weak might be my physique,
But do not underestimate Rum"
Down, deep in Barcelona
My mattress awaits.
Do you have a bedspread?
A couple of sheets?
The taxi fare is no longer half a pence.
Would you happen to be able to spare a few cents?
Oh sweet pumpkin, my beautiful apple pie!
I have plans to smother the world
With the brilliance of my mind.
I only need this loan,
But! It'll be worth the wait.
Wisdom and knowledge?
Oh, for the proud.
I am a meek man
Please pay to venture to my humble abode.
Like honey dripping from my lips
Sweet fermented pleasures
You must bring me this!
Her, oh her!
She's nothing my sweet.
What is the point of the 8th world wonder?
If no one shares in Gods magnifique!
Follow me down this golden street.
I am a man of the word
And, I swear only to you
God promised me, thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment