Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You remember the golden rule?

It's alright, go ahead and act like you wish.
The day will come when your action will catch up with you.
When you'll realize all along that you didn't hurt anyone.
You just hurt yourself.
-Me
_____________
One thing in my life that I have increasingly been becoming more and more passionate about is: Being Nice. I'm the hugest advocate of the golden rule, and what Jesus said, love others as you love yourself. (reference Galatians 5:14) Everyone has slip ups, including me. I'm not as nice to my brothers as I could be. But I've become more patient and I have been better. Brent and I rarely fight nowadays. I really do go out of my way to be nice. I tease, but I never push the boundaries or the limits. Because I love it when people playfully tease me, but I HATE it when people use the word 'tease' as a mask for hateful comments.

This has been on my heart for a long time, and has recently rekindled due to the fact someone was REALLY rude and spiteful to me the other day OUT OF THE BLUE. I hadn't contacted this person, and I don't ever comment on their site. I basically leave them alone.
Yet, for some reason unknown to me... They STILL feel it is necessary to be hateful.

I don't understand that! Probably, because, I'm NOT that way. I really truly am not.

And, THEN, what really infuriates me is.... I can't be mean back! I'll mentally plan it in my head, "The NEXT time I see this person ohhhh they're going to wish they'd never crossed roads with me!!!" et cetera et cetera. Then, I'll see them, anddd I'll just be nice.
Not, walk all over me nice. But I won't be spiteful. I just for some reason can't be.
Or, I'll forget to be mean, and hold the grudge.
I'm really bad about not holding grudges. I forgive and forget to easily. Way to easily! Probably, because I assume that people are like me and genuinely don't want to be mean... (which is naive' on my part)

Last night, I just prayed for God to heal my heart, to help me to NOT think about it. Which is SO hard because it was still so fresh in my mind. I talked to my best friend this morning which I feel was a Godsend and it really helped. I've decided I LOVE to be nice, and I'm not going to stop being what God wants me to be because of other people.

In other news, I am still a pessimist but things are getting SO much better. I am really happy right now. *gasp* I have awesome friends, family, job, boss, and I've met someone whose really kick ass! Not a whole lot to complain about at the moment. God has really blessed me, and my obedience to him has really pulled through.
I sometimes get so frustrated because I'm doing the 'right' thing, even when I want to do the wrong thing. But it is paying off, and God is heaping an abundance of blessing on to me.
I thank him SOOO much for making me who I am today. I thank him for every single trial that has sculpted me so I can be strong. I thank him for my love of poetry, art, philosophy, and fashion. I thank him for putting other people on this world with opposing views, and ones with the same as mine.

This 'thank you' is a little late since thanksgiving has passed. But, rather late than never! :)

Lord prepare me.
To be a sanctuary.
Pure and holy.
Tried and True.
(Tried and true)
With Thanksgiving
I'll be a living
Sanctuary
For you.

No comments:

Post a Comment