Thursday, December 31, 2009

Untitled #9

I wish I had the words to explain
My dissatisfaction
Intellectual allegories,
metaphors,
and symphonies
French phrases
Rich melodies
How much I despise this set up
The failure with everything on my own
If only I could say
Whatever I wanted
Without the aftermath
The angry stares
And judgement
Or if I actually had the guts
to say it to the faces
staring at me
No matter
To the top
To the ladder
Don't stop
Cliche'
Might be this premise
Or how I am angry at the system
That I feed and grow
I still will defeat the normal
Status quo

___
So I put out a glass
Just a normal everyday drinking glass
I went out to the middle of Town square and sat
With this round old glass in my lap
I didn't move
When people spoke
I didn't respond
I waited
If someone was observant enough
To ask
about the glass
My eyes would merely lift and look at them
In the eyes
Stare at the glass again
Unkind words sometimes were spoken
When my answer wasn't clear enough
For them
But, it was all right
I just sat there
The sun drying my comfort away
Beads of sweat rolling down my back
Than, it began to rain
The clouds swelled and veiled the sun
My glass filled with water
It stopped raining
Why your glass is full!
Said those who had noticed
the empty glass before
I stood up
No it is not.
I broke the glass
Now it is.
______
Happy New Years eve.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, i really liked those. Good job, i love reading your posts. Keep writing. :) <3

    ReplyDelete