Monday, December 7, 2009

A dream I had. (short story I'm working on)

It was a blue, but the oddest blue you'd probably ever see. My hands deemed incapable of keeping my hair from tangling in my heavily mascaraed eyelashes as I walked outside to what seemed the peak of the night. Everything was so, blue. Oh, what? Yes, the tree... The tree was the color of your pupils. Black? No, it was a transparent coloring. Allowing light to flood through while keeping its dark demeanor. We all couldn't help but be dazed by it. Lucid glass bulbs of lingering blue lights look back at us while dangling by thread from the arms of the bare tree. As we're all hypnotized by this haunting scene laid before us a black car drives up. Yes, it is black. So opaque that it seems to scare away all light from bouncing off it. Two figu- beings actually sit inside the car. No faces, no arms, nothing... just black suits and black derby hats. They're sitting in their car waiting, waiting for me? I honestly at that point didn't know. The bulbs illuminate causing a stir in the thick darkness. The doors of the car open and suddenly the beings are standing in front of me. Their arms go into my eyes sockets and things become scratchy, like the fuzzy screen of a television. Suddenly, images are flashing in my mind. All sorts of images grotesque, beautiful, dark and bright. Then, they left. Everything left, and everyone. So I woke up, and I continued living.
______________________

That was my attempt of a short story, well it wasn't really a story because that really was a dream I had but I tried to make it into a more story like form... but it seems more conversational. Oh well, I'll a true short story again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment