Sunday, January 10, 2010

Post-New Years...resolutions?

I have been trying to write something for the past hour and a half and no such luck. Ignoring the fact I have a splitting headache I think I've typed all the poems out of me, at least for a little while. I have dry spells now and again. When everything seems so... cliche' I'll still keep writing though. I must...HAVE to keep improving
Without my writing, I'm not sure my sanity would remain intact.
So, for this blog entry, I'm taking a bit of a break.
Still writing of course :)
But, a poem break.
I enjoy reading Bukowski's poems more anyway...

So, I'm realizing that this past new years eve I was a horrible American and did not write or list any New years resolutions. Bad, bad me!
So to make up for my lack of initiative, or drive to write such a list
I'm making one now...

1) Get all A's this year
-I slacked off a bit last year, getting by on the bare minimum
I still managed A's and B's but still if I dedicate myself I know a 4.0 would be a breeze
2) Get some scholarships and fill out FASFA
- No more community college for me next fall, UNT all the way
And, that is expensive. I want as little debt as possible
3) Join some sort of writing club/workshop
-Well obviously to improve my writing
4) Start sending out my poetry to be published
-Because, well, I want to share my love with everyone
5) read as many books as possible
-Cause, I can and I will
6) Start reading the Bible daily
-I finally got biblegateway working on my computer (So I can have the Bible read to me!) now it is much easier to be committed too, but I want it daily versus a few times a week
7) Start doing yoga or something
-Not because I don't love my body, but it is just good for me and plus I love working out :)
8) Start working on my book, or at least the outline
-I have the rest of my life to write a book, might as well start it now
9)Get film for my polaroid camera and my new fold out 1950's
-I really want to make photography as a hobby. I've loved it for as long as I can remember! Since 3rd grade I'd say
10) Get really good with oils and Acyrlics
-Because I love art, duh
11) Get into modeling
-Because I want the extra money, andddd I hate even numbers



Hopefully, I'll have more entertaining posts in the future, more poetry filled ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment