Sunday, January 24, 2010

Books.

I am overwhelming myself with books. I keep starting them but not finishing. I just started "Woman in love" by D. H. Lawrence and I have still yet to finish:
1) Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
2) Crime and Punishment by Feodor Dostoevsky
3) In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
4) PUSH by Sapphire
5) The interpretation of Dreams by Sigmund Freud

It is overwhelming all the books in the world. There are immense amounts of books just waiting for me and I don't even know what they are about or who they're by. Than, there are books that just keep getting published.
Innumerable ideas, stories, and philosophies going uncovered by my eyes. How does one establish themselves as a writer in this world. What makes my ideas as significant as the next persons? I guess it is the same as any other genre of artistic pleasures.
What makes you a famous painter, actor, musician, singer?
Sets you apart from the rest of the crowd and you beat the spans of time. Living beyond your time. While people watch your movies, read your books, listen to your music, and view your art. Laying at you rot in your death spot. Looking from Heaven or Hell

I'd have to say my only chance for survival is to rely on God. He's the only one that can set me apart from the rest.

I'm so exhausted, yet restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment