Friday, January 8, 2010

night.

Realizing the reality
That the world isn't mine
I've lost the key
That supposedly unlocked the door
To infinity
But all I got was Narnia
A load of shit
Trying to love all at once
So much
that at the most random moment
I give in
You gave in
I watch
As the sun burns through the atmosphere
The meteorologists
geologist
psychologist
Predict we'll die
Thanks for the news
Because I thought
for once I'd give living a try
You think this is depressing?
Try undressing and seeing
half of you has deteriorated away
The kids in China are being cut in half
The children of Africa die at their governments wrath
I'm a spawn of America and my ass is too fat
But I'll just kick it, live it up,
Supplement the joy, and toss it up.
Cut me open and you'll see inside
The mechanics of a machine
Rusting because of overdrive
Fill in that with collagen
Plump up my lips
So I can give the man
a sloppy wet kiss.
I'll surrender all my writing
To the flames
Knowing Humanity's opinion
is my ticket to fame
My only way to you
is through a cheap can of
Blue Ribbon
But I spent all of my money
on Bukowski, and damaged photographs
I'd ask you to wait
but you already left.


No comments:

Post a Comment