Wednesday, March 24, 2010

untitled #15

There's a screen door in my mind
Where all the great things
Get caught in the mesh
Weeding through the vibrant words
That loop through my eyes
Allowing only calculations
And logical problems
Disguised as something
Aesthetically pleasing
Beautiful, perhaps
But nothing more
Then why the San Andreas Fault
won't allow California to collapse
But we can say farewell to San Francisco
Farewell, to every golden bridge
Knowing that maybe the slightest gravitational pull
Might be the defining moment
Where we all bury ourselves under our sheets
Hoping these thin pages
With the blots of ink
Which were pulled from the Amazon rainforest
Which allows the seasons to change
We can all draw stars
We can all from memory draw lines
Why can't we create worlds?
For I am always feeling as if a combustion of artful thought
might flow from my veins when the slightest cut happens
But what am I anyway?
Immortal.
We don't die.
We can't die.
Who else will take you away
to beyond what wonderland conveys
to every soul that hoped
Prayed
or at least shouted at every red light
that lasted more than a second
Knowing what we were wasting
What we could waste
I might stumble to Istanbul and Timbuktu
Pour the knowledge of the east
Allow the oceans to nourish
My ever dry mouth
If only I could hold onto this
This perplexing energy that for some reason
Never ceases to stop
Stop holding me up
Letting me touch those fiery spheres in the sky
Why?
It's a trip worth the taking
A step worth the making
Of what we might suddenly all stumble upon
Realizing
It's all about the drop off the edge of a cliff
When every element is within your sight
Even though the Ferris wheel never runs at night.
But wouldn't you agree the man made lights are so bright?

No comments:

Post a Comment