Monday, March 29, 2010

At night.

I like it best when it's dark and there is no one on the road
Every trip, scuff and call out of insanity
Is ignored, because I love myself too much
I have a soft spot for those kind-hearted folk
The ones who tip their hats, and smile at you
Even when they don't know your name
Or the score you got on that last test.
It's so nice.
My weakness goes as deep as my love
for white wine on a sunny morning
Allowing the alcohol to take over my
Body and evolve me into a higher species
One that doesn't take no for an answer
And always gets up for mothers who have no seat
I like it best at night
When the moon seems to be full
But isn't because the slightest sliver is missing
The desire to paint in that portion becomes
So overwhelming I run home so I can write this
Hoping to salvage the last bits of the memory
Before all the dimly lit street lamps steal them away
Blaming the moon shadows for my fits of sadness
And Rage
If I can't blame them who else will I blame?
I can't blame the people or my circumstances
So I just mail off my demise to a random address
Hoping the recipient can't read between the lines.
Or at least doesn't speak English.

No comments:

Post a Comment