Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Coffee shop sits.

Time to take a break from the poem blog posts and write something else. I guess I could perhaps update you on my life? But why? It's still as mundane and as organized since the last time we spoke. I've been working on a pen name for when I publish. I have some controversial poetry under my sleeve and pen names are a protection from out of hand ridicule or praise.
It's the weirdest feeling at times knowing exactly what I want to do. I wonder often if school is in my way of fulfilling my true purpose. How is stressing over economics homework really helping me become a better writer?
I guess the challenge and the laughs are what I should get out of it.
I've been pretty reserved lately. Preferring to not spend a lot of time with other people. I love just sitting in a coffee shop studying, writing, and reading. There isn't anything more fun to me, sometimes. I also have been having these surges of wanting to be more adventurous. Doing things like rock climbing, canoeing, camping, pretty much anything that is outdoors.
My trip to LA brought the life back into me so to speak, really boosted my confidence, and just made me so grateful for my life.
I've been freed from the chains so to speak, and God has really shown me time and time again I have nothing to worry about. Odd little things like MASSIVE harvest moons at 5 am while driving to work. Sometimes those are the best things in life. Not to be cliche' which I'm already kind of dwindling down that path, but that moon was probably one of the best moments in my life. I have always had an appreciation for nature, and being older and more mature has allowed me to appreciate it beyond a physical level. I can see sometimes the romanticism of being a transcendentalist. Listening to 'Walden' By Henry David Thoreau has more than made me want to build a house with my own hands, grow my own food, and just enjoy the simple pleasures. All the extravagance people boast are petty shallow endeavors in which their hype will pass very quickly, and boredom will set in till the next 'exciting' thing presents itself.
My patience is starting to go thin in anticipation for UNT this fall. I'm praying I'll finally meet the people I need to meet. No one is perfect and I'm fully aware, but I need people with my same interests. The basis of a human relationship is relate-ability. This isn't you like bikes and I like bikes thing. That's very trivial it something more with relate-ability within your mind. Flowing is the key to a relationship. You could be opposites in pretty much all (besides religion and politics) and if you flow your relationship has more potential for success. That's a theory I have that continually is proven right. As long as sensible well-rounded people are the subjects. Which are the only people I care for.

The subject of people bores me though, so many people discuss it over and over again. It becomes tedious. I like talking about books and movies.
But, lately, I have not a whole lot to say, mostly a lot to think about.
Hmmm.
Well, my biggest concern in my poetry at the moment. I hope to be successful with it. Or have people find me successful because I love it so much and want respect for it.

I need to start going to poetry readings more...

No comments:

Post a Comment