Sunday, August 2, 2009

Eh.

   So the social experiment I spoke of in my last blog... is so far... failing miserably. 
I try to find moments when it's appropriate to engage with people, but it seems all the teenagers here are moping around and not wanting to be here. Or, they have a group of friends with them so they aren't interested in any interaction with people not in the group. I want it to be natural, if I force it'll be more awkward than it already is. My Grandma said, "The normal people aren't here, its all these people just for the art festival. Wait till it dies down and see whose left after the festival leaves." Well, that seemed logical. Why would you be trying to make friends if you're only here for the weekend? I would... but than I'm not like most people. I've made a few of the artist laugh but they're busy with their booths thus not able to really interact because they're trying to sell their stuff. Hmm. Well I still have a week and tomorrow is the Alpenglow Concert so all the people will be there, so I'm going to try my social skills than. 

   In other news, I've bought the coolest piece of artwork! I'm so excited about it. I'm trying to build up a nice collection of art so that when I move out I can decorate nicely. So, if you're reading this... and you paint/draw/sculpt/ceramic things, comment on this and give me your info! If I like your stuff I'll buy it. (At a reasonable price though, haha.) I've been working on my art work so that I can hang some of my own stuff as well. Someday I'm going to make a collage of all the little drawings my little brother Marc drew me. He's the cutest thing when he's not being a tard. (Which is...an obvious thought) 

Well, I'll keep you (well whoever reads this blog haha.) updated on my social experiment.
I'm going to have a youtube marathon with the grandparents. Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment