Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stanza.

The street lights
Perform hazy tribal dances
right before my eyes
Enamored with the sights
This dancing of the lights

My spine feels as if
The weight of the world
and the sun are pressing the
two ends of the vertebrae
together
So much, so much pressure.

I've held a life in my hands
I've held all the potential in my hands
Recreating and revisiting nature with
My plans

Infinity, grasped by holding together
The pieces of mirror
The infinite shattered glass
Seeing and containing something
So vast.

My heart is crawling away
Swerving drunkenly down the highway
Sending its message through the pathway
Control channel sending half hearted
Phrases through the waves

Bloody trials left to find
The altered sense of space and time
Words millions of words
In my palm, in my mind
Finger tips away
Just one press every time

The stanza is the exotic bird
My cage wouldn't catch
The lights tease my adjacent lips
The aluminum hissing and popping
A fire like tranquil twist

Words cheapened by words like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment